Enrollment Forms for 2016-17
Enrollment is not final until the completed forms and additional residency and any applicable custody paperwork are presented in person to the school office. For additional information or to schedule an appointment please contact the appropriate building. High school students must schedule an appointment to complete enrollment.
Parents residing in the Avon school district may enroll their child at the building level until June 3. Student Enrollment for Kindergarten through 12th grade occurs weekdays during school hours.
Summer Registration: Grades K-8 registration packets may be picked up at the Avon Administration Center beginning June 6, 2016 through July 11, 2016. Beginning July 12, 2016, registration for grades K-8 will resume at the school offices. Grades 9-12 may register at Avon High School between May 1, 2014 and June 10, 2014. Registration at the high school will resume on July 14, 2014.
High School students must make an appointment to enroll. Please call (317) 544-5000 ext. 5017 to begin the registration process
and contact your student’s previous school as soon as possible to obtain a copy
of his/her transcript. Enrollment appointments will be available starting July
11th and a transcript will be needed to place your student in the
proper courses for the 2016-2017 school year.
Documentation necessary for Avon residents to enroll includes:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Two Proofs of Residency in Avon - The proof must be in the parent's or legal guardian's name with the Avon address.
- A recent utility bill for a service delivered to the Avon residence (electric, water, sewer, cable, land-line phone, trash- dated within 30 days)
- A signed lease/rental agreement on letterhead, with a contact name and phone number, in which the parent/legal guardian is currently residing
- A signed contract on a home being built in the Avon School district. Must be followed with acceptable proofs of residence once the family moves into the school district. This requires approval at the Administration Center prior to picking up an enrollment packet.
- A property tax bill from the current fiscal year indicating "primary residence"
- A driver's license is not acceptable as proof of residency.
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Completed Enrollment Forms
Enrollment forms may be downloaded below or picked up at your child's home school office during the dates and times listed above.
If a child receives special education services, 504 services, or EL services, parents are asked to inform the person assisting with the enrollment process of the need for these services. Additionally, documentation from the child’s previous school must be provided.
Information that will help secondary counselors make informed placement decisions includes: transcript from previous school, report cards, and ISTEP+ or ECA testing results and special education documentation, if applicable.
Please print all the forms, complete them and bring with you, along with all other necessary documentation, to the school office. Any questions regarding these forms should be directed to the school office.