The Avon Education Foundation recently awarded more than $6,000 in funding for innovative programs supporting instruction in Avon's schools. The scholarships will be used to enhance curriculum or to address specific remediation needs.
- Lori Rosemeyer, Avon Intermediate School West, $1,436 for Kids Discover Magazines to supplement social studies curriculum
- Ashley Schroll, Avon Intermediate School West, $1,500 for novels to connect social studies and language arts lessons
- Carrie Hood, Avon Middle School South, $620 for an 8th grade STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) unit on environment
- Serena Runions, Avon Intermediate School West, for novels targeted to support English Language Learners and Response to Intervention
- Kevin Gray, Cedar Elementary, $2,200 for intervention for IREAD success for at risk students.
Congratulations to our scholarship recipients. The next scholarship application deadline is January 13, 2017.